- Go to Control Panel | Programs | Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 node on Windows 7
- Check the checkbox for Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation on Windows 7
Next,Create the IIS application to host the WCF application using TCP protocol.Follow these steps
- Open run command and type inetmgr
- Create a new application and point to physical folder.
- Select the DefaultAppPoll and make sure your default app pool is a .NET 4.0.X application pool.
- Right-click on web application, select Manage Application | Advanced Settings, and then add net.tcp to Enabled Protocols.(Make sure you use all lowercase letters and separate it from the existing HTTP protocol with a comma)
Now the service is hosted in IIS using the TCP protocol.